Friday, September 30, 2016

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #52


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Fatal Identity (Fatal Series, Book 10) by Marie Force


STANDING BEFORE THE Internal Affairs Board that would determine her fate, Detective Lieutenant Samantha “Sam” Holland was at peace.  If they busted her down a rank or two, so be it.  Her life would be a whole lot less complicated with someone else in charge of the Homicide unit.



My Thoughts:  I have been glomming on this series since I started it last week and have already finished this book.  “Sam” did something in book 9 – which I frankly applauded – that got her in trouble with the Chief and now she’s facing the consequences.  She’s also totally in denial about being okay with someone else being in charge – she is a true Type A personality female. 

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 is also from Fatal Identity (Fatal Series, Book 10) by Marie Force – about 56% thru Kindle version:


     Scotty came into the kitchen wearing his grumpy morning face and scowled at the sight of them Kissing.  “Knock that off, I haven’t had coffee yet.”
     Sam lost it laughing.  “You don’t drink coffee.”
    “When will I be old enough for coffee?”

My Thoughts:  As all of my friends and family know – you don’t interrupt me on the way to the coffee pot in the mornings if you want a pleasant greeting….lol….Scotty is Sam and Nick’s 13 year old adopted son and he totally cracks me up.  He complains about their public displays of affection and they keep telling him that payback will happen when he gets his first girlfriend.  I really enjoyed reading this installment and all I can say is….”Write faster Marie!”…..lol.


So what do you think?  Would you read this book?  Don’t forget to comment below and link up at Freda’s Voice






About Fatal Identity (Fatal Series, Book 10) by Marie Force


Every family has its secrets…

As the first anniversary of her marriage to Vice President Nick Cappuano approaches, Lieutenant Sam Holland is dreaming of Bora Bora—sun, sand and a desperately needed break from the DC grind. But real life has a way of intervening, and Sam soon finds herself taking on one of the most perplexing cases of her career.

Government worker Josh Hamilton begs Sam to investigate his shocking claim that his parents stole him from another family thirty years ago. More complicated still, his "father" is none other than the FBI director. When a member of Josh's family is brutally murdered, Sam begins to question how deep this cover-up goes. Is it possible the revered director was part of a baby-napping ring and that others involved are also targets?

With a killer intent on deadly revenge and her team still reeling from a devastating loss, Sam's plate is full—and when Nick and their son, Scotty, take ill, is her dream of a tropical anniversary celebration in peril too?

Amazon  B&N 




Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great series, I need to check out book one though I am a bit intimidated by the fact there are already ten out...lol. :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the sound of this one! The characters feel like real people. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a series I need to read. I know she is a great writer, from all the rave reviews I've read but haven't read anything myself. I am hosting a giveaway for her new book, Sex Machine, on my site though. :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read the first couple of books in this series, have more on my Kindle, but haven't had a chance to catch up. I really need to. I am spotlighting All the Little Liars by Charlaine Harris - the latest in the Aurora Teagarden series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria,

    The opening lines you featured do sound quite intriguing, however despite the rave reviews this series has attracted, I don't think that the storylines would contain enough murder / mystery elements for my liking, in relation to the amount of romance involved.

    It sounds as though you have become very involved with the series and characters though, so I hope that there are plenty more episodes on the horizon :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are character's I'd like to meet. Sometimes I enjoy a longer series too:)

    My Friday 56 from Five Dog Voodoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice beginning, but I am not really a romance reader. I like more mystery/murder and historical fiction. :)

    I am glad you are enjoying the series.

    Nice blog...love your header.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at the cover I thought this was a light read, then I read the title and synopsis. Sounds like a real thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this series, but I hope you're enjoying it!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of this series, but it sounds like fun suspense. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete